Connecting for Strategic Business Growth
Our agri-innovation divison: AgriStart
AgriStart enables businesses to innovate and grow faster.
We specialise in agrifood and agtech innovation programs.
We provide expert advice and industry connections that fuel growth.
Applications are now open for HARVEST 2024, WA’s leading Agtech business program for businesses looking to innovate in the Agtech industry.
HARVEST is WA’s leading business development program for start-ups and SMEs looking to innovate in the agrifood and Agtech industries. Over the last 7 years, HARVEST programs have had more than 70 graduates and successfully delivered new connections, partners, customers, and investment opportunities to participants, while also supporting collaboration across the industry in WA.
Agristart’s HARVEST Accelerator is supported by Grains Research and Development Corporation, The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, Agrifutures Australia, Wrays and CSBP Fertilisers.
Key Dates for HARVEST 2024:
- Applications open: Wednesday 14 Feb
- Applications close: Wednesday 20 March
- Two-day bootcamp: Monday 22 April & Tuesday 23 April
- Masterclass 1: Tuesday 7 May
- Masterclass 2: Tuesday 21 May
- Masterclass 3 and Site Visit: Tuesday 4 June
- Masterclass 4: Tuesday 18 June
- Masterclass 5: Tuesday 23 July
- Program debrief for cohort: Tuesday 27 August
- Showcase event: Wednesday 21 August
For queries please contact [email protected]
South West Investor Tour
As part of the evokeAg conference being held in Perth, a tour to the southwest of WA will provide a unique opportunity to showcase talent to interstate and international investors.
This tour will connect Agtech start-ups to investors, in an immersive tour of the beautiful Margaret River wine region.
Submit an Expression of Interest now if you are:
- An agtech start-up looking for investment
- An interstate or international investor
- A producer
- Otherwise engaged in the agtech investor eco-system.
- Depart Perth 9am Sunday 18th February
- Tours of innovative and sustainable agtech businesses
- Opportunity for sightseeing and enjoying the southwest region
- A networking dinner with South West Angels at the end of the spectacular Busselton Jetty
- A Strategic Investment workshop
- Return to Perth 4.30pm Monday 19th February
WA Agtech Delegation to attend Singapore International Agrifood Week (SIAW) 30th October – 2nd November 2023
This opportunity was open to West Australian agrifood and agtech startup businesses looking for connections in Singapore. Up to 8 were selected for the delegation, with a minimum of 4 places reserved for previous participants of the AgriStart HARVEST program.
Successful recipients received:
- $2000 travel voucher to contribute to travel costs for attending SIAW.
- Curated introductions and meetings organised with Singapore based researchers, investors, government, consumer groups and other relevant connections depending on needs of each business.
- Free ticket to the Agri-Food Tech Expo and access to the WA stand.
EOIs opened on Monday 28th August 2023 and closed at 5pm AWST on Monday 4th September 2023.
For further details please contact [email protected]
evokeAG Startup Network
Held in 2021 and 2022, the evokeAG. Startup Network aimed to build the networks and capability of Australian agrifood startups to support adoption of new technologies on farms.
Each year, up to 10 successful participants received mentorship from industry experts, attended face-to-face workshops, a showcase pitch event and networking dinner in the heart of the Riverina, Wagga Wagga, NSW, the home of AgriFutures Australia.
They also received
- Travel reimbursement up to $1,000 to attend the public event in Wagga Wagga, NSW
- Featured in the evokeAG. Startup Directory
- Featured in the evokeAG. Network, including a highlight article and podcast
- Mentorship from growers and industry professionals
- Top three grower’s choice recipients received a professionally produced pitch video, filmed on-farm, showcasing their agrifood innovation and how they can offer return on investment for their customers.
Click here for more information.
On 1 September 2020, the Australian Government, as part of the economic response to the COVID-19 pandemic, announced the Local Jobs Program in 25 Employment Regions.
In support of this, Rural Enterprises Australia, in conjunction with Agristart, created an LJP program called Future Works, which was completed in June 2022. This was supported by funding from the Australian Government through the Local Jobs Program, and was designed to address the key labour shortage experienced in the primary industries sector in the South West WA.
The objective of the Future Works program was to increase local employment opportunities for local job seekers and equip Participants with knowledge, skills and confidence for sustained employment in the industry. The Future Works program ensured a targeted approach to increasing the knowledge and understanding of the diversity of careers available in the primary industry of Agriculture, particularly Horticulture and Viticulture. This was achieved through:
Field Trips to four local employers in the Manjimup and Bunbury/Harvey regions;
Tailored Job Readiness workshops – two day sessions held across three locations – Vasse, Bunbury and Harvey.
Six online videos created to promote the Local Jobs Program:
Northern Valley Packers
Callum, Trainee Manager
Ellise, Quality Control